Ministry of Education and Training
- Address: 49 Dai Co Viet street, Hanoi.
- Minister: Mr. Tran Hong Quan
- Tel.: 692250
- Vice Minister:
- Mr. Pham Minh Hac
- Tel.: 694900
- Mr. Tran Xuan Nhi
- Tel.: 694883
- Mr. Tran Chi Dao
- Tel.: 694911
- Mr. Vu Ngoc Hai
- Tel.: 691441
The Ministry of Education and Training is the governmental agency to
perform the function of State management regarding education throughout
the country, including kindergarten, primary, secondary, higher,
university education and regular education in order to implement the
objective on improvement of people's intelligence, training, fostering
talents, satisfaction of the requirement on fatherland construction and
The Ministry of Education and Training performs the tasks, powers and
responsibilities in State management of Ministries, Ministerial level
agencies defined in Decree No. 15/CP dated March 2nd, 1993 of the
Government, and the following concrete tasks :
Click this icon to go previous
- 1. To submit to the Government for approval the network of schools, the
list of training professions applied in universities, university level
institutions (hereinafter referred to as university).
- 2. To promulgate the regulations on the list of training professions
applied in secondary schools, professional training schools; to
establish or to dissolve kindergartens, primary, secondary schools,
professional training schools; To promulgate objectives, programs,
training and educational contents, methods of all levels.
- 3. To approve and permit to distribute text books, published products
used for education and training.
- 4. To promulgate the regulations on selecting, managing pupils, students,
post-graduates (including foreigners learning in Vietnam) learning in
domestic schools, institutions and abroad.
- 5. To regulate the standards to appraise the results of education and
training activities; the procedure to grant or withdraw the licenses,
diplomas on educational/training level.
- 6. To regulate the normalized standards on furnishing, using, preserving
the material bases, equipment of schools; To conduct research on
designing schools, classes, school equipment.
- 7. To co-ordinate with related organizations to establish the norms,
standards applied to teachers of all educational levels.
- 8. To manage, control the implementation of objectives , programs,
contents, educational - training plans, professional regulations of all
kinds of schools.
- 9. To organize, manage unifiedly the education, training, usage of
teachers of all educational levels according to the educational
objectives, programs, contents applied to State- owned, semi state-
owned, created by people, private schools.
- 10. To submit to the Government for promulgation of the Regulations
on Organization, the decision on establishment, merge or dissolution
- 11. To perform the educational supervision throughout the country.
Departments of ministry:
- - Administrative Office Tel.: 264904
Director of Dept.: Nguyen Van Muon
- - International Relations Department Tel. 692479
Director of Dept.: Tran Van Nhung
- - Department of Graduate Training Tel.: 693252
Director of Dept.: Lam Quang Thiep
- - Dep.of Post Graduate Training Tel.: 692191
Director of Dept.: Pham Si Tien
- - Dep.of Basic Education Tel: 694256
Director of Dept.: Dinh Gia Phong
- - Dep.of Teacher Tel.: 694285
Director of Dept.: Vu Van Du
- - Dep.of Supplementary Education Tel.: 694986
Director of Dept.: Ta The Truyen
- - Physical Department Tel.: 694983
Director of Dept.: Nguyen Ky Anh
- - Planning finance Department Tel.: 691405
Director of Dept.: Nguyen Quang Kinh
- - Personnel Department Tel.: 691441
Director of Dept.: Vu Ngoc Hai
- - Department of Science Technology Management
Director of Dept.: Than Duc Hien Tel.: 691400
- - Department of Children'Education
Director of Dept.: Tel.: 252457
- - Dep.of Secondary Vocational School & Vocational Training
Director of Dept.: Nguyen Minh Duong Tel: 694987
- - Dep.of Political Education & Pupils-Students
Director of Dept.: Do Van Chung Tel.: 691410