Click this icon to go previous
The State Committee for Cooperation and Investment ( SCCI ) is a
Government body of the Government of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
performing the State administration function over foreign direct investment
in Vietnam and Vietnam 's investment in foreign countries . The SCCI was
founded on 25 March 1989 and is vested with the following power and
- a. To map out strategies , directions and preferred structures with
the objective of attracting foreign direct investment into Vietnam ;
to prepare and publicize a list of priority projects calling for foreign
direct investment in Vietnam .
- b. To formulate and submit to the Government for approval , all drafts
of laws , ordinances and policies concerning foreign direct investment in
Vietnam and Vietnam's investment in foreign countries ; to prepare and
submit to the Government all agreements on reciprocal protection and
encouragement of investment with the countries concerned .
- c. To provide guidance to all Vietnam and foreign parties in investment
in Vietnam and to Vietnamese parties investing in foreign countries ;
to propose to the Government the setting up of export processing zones and
other forms of investment
- d. To organize project evaluation for the issuing of licences to direct
investment projects under the Law on foreign Investment in Vietnam and to
take part in the consideration and approval of indirect investment projects
or projects with foreign loans ;coordinate with other relevant bodies the
granting of preferences in accordance with the laws to enterprises with
foreign owned capital and the foreign parties to business cooperation
- e. To control the following in accordance with the provisions of the
- foreign direct investment promotion activities in Vietnam
- Vietnam's investment activities in foreign countries ;
- Investment seminars
- Consultancy services .
- f.To act in coordination with the State Planning Commission, the
Ministry of finance , the Ministry of Trade , the Ministry of Science ,
Technology and Environment , the State Bank and other concerned organs
with respect to resolution of important issues in the field of foreign
direct investment .
- g. To coordinate with branches and localities concerned so as to
supervise and inspect the activities of enterprises operating under the Laws
on foreign Investment in Vietnam , and to resolve the problems arising in
the process of implementing foreign direct investment projects.
- h. To exercise the State administration function over investment
consulting and service organizations in Vietnam .
- i. To make submissions to the Prime Minister of the Government as to decisions on the organizations to be in charge of cooperation and investment within branches , provinces and cities under central authority.
The SCCI is headed by the Minister - Chairman of the Committee , who is
responsible to the National Assembly and to Prime Minister of the Government
for work performance of the entire SCCI . He is aided by a number of Vice
Chairmen Office of the SCCI
Assists the leaders of SCCI in handling administrative matters and
takes care of financial and physical resources for the efficient operation
of the SCCI .
Department of Investment Legislation and Promotion
- Undertakes study for preparing strategies , direction and budgets for
attracting foreign investment is sought and conducts research into foreign
- Undertakes study for the drafting of laws and subsidiary laws in
relation to foreign direct investment and for the drafting of agreements
on reciprocal investment protection and promotion between Vietnam and other
countries ; study of international laws and treaties in relation to
cooperation and investment .
- Organizes the compilation and monitoring of investment promotion
materials and documents.
- Proposes the setting up of SCCI's representation abroad and controls
the activities of SCCI's representatives in foreign countries .
- Assesses the operations of investment consulting service organizations
Department of Project Evaluation
- Receive application files for investment projects;
- Organizes project evaluation;
- Prepares investment licences ;
- Studies and formulates co-technical criteria ;
- Collects eco-technical information to be used for evaluation work ; and
- Prepares model forms and provides guidance for project documentation .
Department of Project Monitoring
- Gives guidance on implementation of licensed projects and inspects
and monitors operations of enterprises with foreign owned capital ;
- Deals with all issues raised by investors : amendment of licences,
capital transfers / assignments. contract termination, early termination,
- Assesses the socio-economic effects of foreign direct investment.
- Takes part in preparing legal documents and policies in relation to
the formation and development of export processing zones, intensive
industrial estates and special economic zones; and
- Provides guidance on development operations of EPZs and analyses their
Department of Personnel and Training
- Monitors the personnel affairs of the SCCI such as recruitment, staff
placement, promotion, leave entitlements, retirement and work performance.
- Studies the structure of organizations in branches and localities
which manage foreign direct investment.
- Regulates the organization of the machinery of SCCI;
- Studies how to conduct training and organizes training courses to
enhance the skills of all personnel engaged in investment with foreign
countries.for assignment by the paries of their rights and obligations
under the contract.
- The duration of the contract and the responsibilities of the parties
in performence, amendment and termination of the contract.
- The procedure for the resolution